top of page

Delicious Acai Bowl Recipe With Blueberries, Strawberries, Granola And Peanut Butter

What Is An Acai Bowl?

The concept originates from Brazil and can be made with a base of frozen acai puree or acai powder. At MAIKA’I, we use frozen acai puree because it gives you the most authentic and thick smoothie - meaning both the consistency and flavor are better than when using powder. Of course, it’s completely up to you what you want to make your bowl with.

Why And Where To Start?

If you want to try your hand at making acai bowls at home, you can actually get started pretty easily. Below we have put together a simple acai bowl recipe so you can enjoy this powerhouse of fibers, antioxidants and healthy fats whenever you like. Over the years, acai has become synonymous with the term “superfood” because it’s packed with nutrition, including antioxidants and fibers. You get a unique composition of nutrients that are rarely found in other smoothies and berries. Besides that, it just tastes fantastic. About 80% of the acai berry consists of seeds, while the remaining 20% contains the nutritional value. This actually means that acai berries contain more antioxidants than blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and cranberries.

Ingredients In An Acai Bowl

Let's begin with the ingredients and then dive into the delightful recipe for our MAIKA’I "Dioleno" Acai Bowl. This particular creation has earned its place as one of our all-time bestsellers, and we're thrilled to share it so you can enjoy it at home. Here are the ingredients you'll need:

  • Acai Puree: If you can't find frozen acai puree, don't worry! Acai powder is a fantastic alternative and is readily available in online shops, health food stores, pharmacies, and similar outlets.

  • Berries: We've chosen blueberries and strawberries for this recipe, but feel free to experiment with other berries like blackberries, as they pair wonderfully with acai.

  • Bananas: Add 1-2 bananas to your ingredients list. Their natural sweetness and creamy texture make them a perfect complement to the acai base.

  • Milk: You can use 1.5 deciliters (dl) of oat milk or regular milk to achieve the desired consistency.

  • Toppings: For that extra touch of deliciousness, we recommend granola for a delightful crunch and peanut butter as the secret weapon to elevate your acai bowl.

Now, let's get started with the procedure:

Preparing Your Acai Puree:

  • In a blender, combine all the ingredients (excluding the toppings). If you're using frozen berries, aim for approximately 3 dl each of frozen blueberries and strawberries. If using acai powder, add 2 teaspoons to the mix.

  • Blend until you achieve a creamy consistency. Start on high speed and then switch to low as needed to reach the desired texture.

Serving Your Acai Bowl:

  • Serve your acai creation with a generous portion of blueberries and strawberries, as desired.

  • Don't forget to top it off with a sprinkle of granola for that delightful crunch, and a dollop of peanut butter, the secret ingredient that takes your acai bowl to the next level of deliciousness.

Now, you're ready to savor your homemade MAIKA’I "Dioleno" Acai Bowl!

Acai Bowls In Various Variations

Of course, you can craft your own acai bowl with your favorite berries and fruits, opening the door to countless creative combinations. While this recipe offers a fantastic starting point, don't hesitate to explore different veggies or fruits to personalize your bowl. We understand that sourcing organic frozen acai puree can be a challenge in Denmark. That unique ingredient imparts an exquisite flavor that elevates your bowl to a whole new level. If you're craving the authentic taste of Brazilian acai puree, we warmly invite you to visit MAIKA’I Bowls at Frederiksberg Centeret. It's an experience like no other! With this recipe as your guide, we hope it inspires you to embark on your journey of crafting incredible acai bowls. Enjoy your culinary adventure!

0 views0 comments
bottom of page